As our site continues to grow we get more readers asking where are we hosted, what theme are we using, what plugins on so on. I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for everything you need to run a successful blog. I’ll add to it as I learn more. I really recommend bookmarking this page for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
My Most Recommended
These are some resources that you should know about. I find myself recommending these again and again, in emails and in conversations. I use them because they make my life easier, and I’m confident you’ll agree too…
We have hosted used a few hosting in the past, there as been good and bad experiences. We used to host with stablehost which is ok but what I have found having a few accounts with them is that my entire account constantly get wiped due to infections. This as been a huge nightmare over the years so I can no longer recommend them. So without further ado here is a list of the service I use and love:
- Kinsta – They are the officially recommended, fully-managed WordPress hosting solution by Google Cloud Platform. Based on independent benchmark tests they are the best performing WordPress host on the market. All of their plans come with free SSL, CDN, one-click staging area, SSH access, PHP 7.1 and 7.2 support, full-page caching, 13 data centers to chose from and 24/7 global support by WordPress developers. If you need WordPress at scale, Kinsta is your solution.
- Flywheel Managed WordPress hosting – They have been recommended by many bloggers across the web and for good reasons. I have many of my projects hosted with them and have never had any issues. Great service, blazing fast speeds, and INCREDIBLE customer service. Check em’ out, it is worth every penny.
- Bluehost – This site was hosted there for a while before we upgraded to fully managed WordPress hosting (which I cannot highly recommend enough). If you are still on a budget, however, check out Bluehost. They are affordable, packed with tons of features, and will surely help your blog get off the ground.
- LCN WordPress Hosting – Specialists in wordpress hosting.
- Nestify improve your site loading speed with affordable managed WordPress hosting. Their platform helps WordPress and WooCommerce sites easily scale to serve millions of users per month. Nestify’s support team work with you to craft the perfect hosting solution.
Check out our Full Review
- Mythemeshop – They offer great value for money with a wide range of templates to choose from. Their theme is coded really clean which I love(I know this I am Theme developer also).
- Themeforest– This is another great option to consider they are a marketplace with many different theme designs. I have used many of their themes and the only thing I would say is sometimes the theme authors disappear meaning you will no longer get theme updates so maybe choose a theme author that as been there for some time.
- Namecheap – I like NameCheap because they usually have low domain renewal cost.
- Godaddy – I also use Godaddy because they offer great first time discounts, but any reputable domain provider should do.
We will now look at some of the best plugins I use to create my WordPress sites.
- WP Super Cache – A very fast caching engine for WordPress that produces static HTML files.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) – Display a list of related posts on your site based on a powerful unique algorithm. Earn money by including sponsored content!
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin.
- Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress – Helps your site to be more social, honestly this is the best social sharing plugin I have seen thus far.
- WP Subscribe Pro – You will hear this often from other bloggers “I wish, I started a mailing list from the start.”. This plugin allows you to do just that and it is what we use.
You probably already know how important it is to have a mailing list to keep in touch with your site’s visitors and clients. These two products will facilitate your email marketing efforts by no small measure.
- Mailchimp – My favourite newsletter (and now email marketing automation) management system, it handles everything from subscriber management, to newsletter drag and drop creation, to sending and producing statistics.
- Snov.io – The must-have app, all-in-one tool to find emails, verify and send email messages. Great alternative to Hunter when it comes to prospecting B2B leads. Accurate results proven by thousands of daily users. Snovio made a great update and released a chrome extension in June 2018 which serves as an email verifier which verifies emails immediately in extension window, whilst you browse website.
- SendPulse email marketing – These guys are fairly new on the scene, but they’re definitely worth checking out for simple and affordable email marketing with all the traditional features and advanced automation functionality like the Artificial Intelligence system that automatically maximizes email open rates and optimizes message sendings with hyper-personalization and predictive analysis for all the communication channels the platform offers: email, SMS, Web Push and SMTP. Their competitive pricing (free web push service, free plans for email and SMTP services allowing you to send 15 000 and 12 000 emails for free each month respectively) and unique features like multiple channels of communication make them stand out from the crowd.
**If you have any questions about any of these resources, please feel free to post a question on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/85ideas. **
Getting Started: How to Create a Successful Blog
If you are new to creating websites online, then check this post.
If you’re running a blog, here’s an article detailing how we managed to increase our subscribers. I am by no means an expert in this area but from my testing, you can check what I found.
Whatever you create online, needs to be backup so check out this collection of our most recommend backup solution.
And there’s plenty more of the latest updates on our blog…
…So stay tuned and come back again!