05 Dec 7 Best Free & Premium Keyword Research Tools for SEO
A keyword research tool is very useful for any business or individual because of its powerful marketing capabilities. It is getting much harder to rank on search engines due to the increased level of competition for desirable keywords as well as changes in search engine algorithms. As a blogger myself, I have researched many keyword tools and have narrowed it down to 7 best free and premium keyword research tools that I believe every blog owner should personally try. Luckily, most of the premium keyword research tools have free trials or money back guarantees so that it won’t cost you to find the best one for your website.
SEMrush provides all the great features that you expect for a premium keyword research tool. SEMrush not only boosts the performance of your day-to-day tasks, but also provides an in-depth analysis that is very clear and easily incorporated into your digital marketing procedure. As a result, your business significantly improves its productivity by more efficiently completing marketing tasks. For more information, check out our extensive review of SEMrush here.
- You will get insights into your competitors’ strategies in display advertising, organic and paid search, and link building
- Cross, combine and visualize the SEMrush data to compare the competitive domains and also estimate keyword difficulty with just a few clicks
- You can also launch global campaigns for your website and get all the required metrics about website competitors, keyword rankings, and on-page health conveniently in one location
- You will get a 30-day free trial
- They also have a refund policy as well, so there is no reason to regret making a purchase
Use Coupon Code SNAPPYW579 to get up to 57% off WordPress Hosting
SEMrush is one of the best for keyword research but it’s not free of cost. To get a great tool like this you have to pay a price.
With KWFinder you can find keywords that you can easily rank for your website or business. KWFinder also helps you to get exact search volumes for close variant keywords that you are looking for. Their tools can even narrow down your keyword research to current city level. That’s amazing, isn’t it!!!
- Find hidden long tail keyword
- Organize keywords with a custom list
- Filters the keywords that aren’t profitable for you
- Localized results for keywords in your area
- Ability to import keywords that you want to analyze
- Get access to the most accurate keyword difficulty tool
- Easily look for trends and keyword metrics
- SERP analysis and SEO metrics are also provided
Unfortunately, it’s not free. However, KWfinder provides more keyword research features than SEMrush and it’s cheaper as well.
#3 Long Tail Pro
Long Tail Pro is the best at discovering less competitive keywords that can get you high-converting online traffic. For example, you are able to find keywords that are not identified by Google Keyword Planner. Before you start using Long Tail Pro, you are asked to connect to your Google Adwords account so that it is able to find and suggest competitive words that can be used in future marketing campaigns.
- It features 3 Tried-And-Tested Methods for Keyword Research
- Measuring keyword competitiveness has never been this easy
- Ability to spy on your competitor’s keywords
- Keep up to date on website performance with notifications of rank data on a daily basis
Like the premium tools listed previously, it’s not free. Long Tail Pro has a 7 day free trial and 39% off their Annual Plan with coupon code ANNUAL39OFF so I encourage you to give it a shot.
SEMScoop is a keyword research tool that isn’t as well-known as the others on this list, but its powerful features like the SEO difficulty tool, advanced link profile, and content quality score will convince you that SEMScoop is capable of competing with the best in the industry. For example, the keyword research tool allows you to filter keywords by country and language as well as having an option to import keywords like other premium tools. The results from keyword searches display information with relevant data pertaining to keyword difficulty, average domain authority and age from competitors, and estimated content length of ranking articles. In addition, every keyword search is accompanied by a plethora of other related keywords along with search volume and CPC data.
- Powerful keyword tools that include everything stated above
- Analysis of your competitor’s top backlinks
- Get insights on keyword usage from your competitor’s ranked pages
- Money back guarantee
- Free plan available with 5 free keyword searches a day
- Although cheaper than its competition with a special 50% off Lifetime discount code SAVE50LT, it’s still not free for their premium plans. Thankfully, you will have 30 days to decide whether SEMScoop is the right option for you with their money back guarantee
- Free & Basic plans have low keyword searches per day
#5 Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a tool used for building new search network campaigns. You can also use the tool to search for keywords and analyze them on how they might perform on your website. Marketing campaigns are made easier with the option to manage your bids if you plan on spending money on Google Ads.
- It’s free
- You can research keywords
- Get access to historical statistics and traffic forecasts
- As a free keyword research tool that is designed to help you manage your Google ad campaigns, you won’t find the option to identify hidden long tail keywords, insights into your competitors’ strategies in organic and paid search, and much more
Ubersuggest is a keyword research tool that will provide you with keywords by simply affixing letters at the end of your query. As a result, you can get access to many long tail keywords that you can use for future marketing campaigns on your website.
- Free of cost
- Get access to an overview of keywords
- Provides keyword suggestions
- Ability to analyze keyword difficulty
- Provides competitive intelligence insights for your keywords
- You will not have access to premium options such as importing keywords that you want to analyze and filtering out keywords that won’t be profitable for your site
#7 SEO Chat Suggestion Keyword Finder
SEO Chat is a simple keyword tool that can be used by entering a keyword or phrase to get a list of related keywords that you are looking for. To perform keyword research on a deeper level you have to click on the level 2 button. This will provide you with a list of keywords that is related to your original list. By clicking on level 3 you can perform a much deeper search than level 2 and continue even further. When you get the report you want simply download the data by clicking on the link at the bottom of the site.
- Free of cost to use
- Can analyze words in-depth
- Discovers new keyword opportunities
- Many features such as the ability to compare your keyword data with your competitor’s keyword data as well as an accurate estimate of keyword difficulty are not available
There is a limitation in every tool available but they all provide you with a list of keywords and in-depth research on them. With premium tools, you will get extra features that are capable of improving your marketing campaigns and can be the missing piece needed to stay ahead of the competition. If you need additional help from us or have any questions regarding this article, please feel free to contact us below in comments, and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.