13 Jan FlyWheel Hosting Review | Free Trial Offer Link
One of the coolest things about Flywheel is team collaboration. This allows multiple team members to work on a site at once, making teamwork and maximum efficiency possible. Not many, if any, other WordPress hosting companies can claim this kind of feature.
Hackers aren’t a problem
Flywheel optimizes your WordPress site so that you will not have to deal with hackers ever again. They configure each server to withstand hacking attempts, meaning you can rest assured that security will be fully taken care of. And if your site does happen to get hacked? Flywheel’s team of experts will fix it for free, fast.
Flywheel makes it easy to manage user accounts and allows you to forever rid yourself of having tons of usernames and passwords. Flywheel has rethunk SFTP access, allowing you to manage accounts with the click of a button.
Flywheel strives to provide transparent pricing to their customers, and lay everything out in simple steps. Pricing is based on the amount of traffic to your site, the number of WordPress installs you need, as well as the disk space required for the site(s).
Hosting Plan Pricing
Plans start at $14/month for small bloggers operating only one site, and go all the way up to the Agency level, priced at $229/month and caters to large clients regularly designing sites for customers.
The price may seem like a lot at first, but with it come the following:
- Expert Help – Our team of WordPress experts are here to help. If you have a question, a problem or are just trying to figure something out, let us know!
- Free Migrations – Migrating your website is no fun, which is why we’ll handle the entire migration for you – for free! Simply fill out our migration form and we take if from there
- No Overages – If you consistently go over your limit, we’ll simply reach out and talk to you about upgrading. We’ll never shut off your site, and we don’t charge overages. Period.
- Only Pay When Your Site Goes Live – You probably show your clients changes to their sites using a demo server, right? Flywheel allows you to set up demo sites for free and only pay for them once they’re ready to go live.
- SFTP Access – Easily update your WordPress sites via SFTP. See all of your sites (and your client sites) via a single login. No need to share usernames and passwords!
- Built-In Caching – No need to configure or mess with caching plugins, Flywheel has you covered. Every site on Flywheel has caching built in, ensuring your sites perform well.
- Free Demo Sites – With Flywheel, you don’t need to pay for your site up front. Get everything developed, and then transfer to your client to pay, or pay for it yourself.
- Malware Monitoring – It’s no secret that WordPress sites are vulnerable to hackers. Flywheel constantly monitors your site for malware, and alerts you if there’s a problem.
- Expert Support – Our team of WordPress experts are here to help. If you have a question, a problem or are just trying to figure something out, let us know!
- Managed Updates – Whenever a new version of WordPress comes out, Flywheel handles the updates for you, ensuring you’re always running the latest, most secure version.
- Unlimited Collaborators – Easily invite your whole team to collaborate on a project, allowing each of them access to the project with their own login. No shared usernames!
- Auto Backups – Easily go back in time, and sleep soundly knowing your data is backed up and easily accessible with 1-click restores. No need for plugins or 3rd party software.
When setting up a new site on Flywheel, users have the option to either pay right away, transfer billing to a client, or add the price to a bulk plan that they already have. This type of payment flexibility allows designers and resellers to avoid incurring large up-front overhead costs when designing a site for a client, allowing them to allocate the savings to other areas of the site.
Flywheel makes securing your site easy. So easy, in fact, that you don’t have to do a single thing. They handle every aspect of security for you, and even go so far as to suggest you don’t even install a security plugin. And if your site gets hacked? They fix it for you, for free!
In addition to basic security, Flywheel also includes:
Strong password enforcement
Create complex passwords. It’s one of the best things you can do as far as web security. We go to great lengths to ensure that our clients use strong passwords. It makes a hacker’s job incredibly tough, and we are very into that
Limited login attempts
Brute force attacks are some of the most common ways that attackers gain access to a WordPress site. We protect against this both at the site and server level; multiple failed attempts means malicious users can never get inside.
Intelligent IP blocking
Intelligent IP blocking on our security systems detects intruders and blocks them across all sites on Flywheel within seconds. So your site’s protected from hackers before they even try to attack your site.Managed WordPress updates
No doubt you want your WordPress software to always be running the most up-to-date and secure version. Admittedly keeping up-to-date can be a painful task. But you’re in luck — we handle all of the core WordPress updates for you.
Sucuri scanning with every site
We’ve partnered with Sucuri, the leading provider of WordPress security solutions. That means all of our clients get the benefit of world-class malware scanning. Feel tough, people.
Ease of Use
Flywheel is incredibly easy to use. Since it was built by designers, for designers, the platform is incredibly simple and intuitive.
While it is incredibly easy to use, there are questions that will come up eventually. Flywheel offers a few different ways for customers to get in contact with any problems or questions they may have. The Flywheel site has an FAQ, support articles, a ticket system, phone support, and a live chat. Knowledgeable customer support representatives have the skills to handle even the biggest of problems and are available 24/7/365.
Here are the various ways to contact Flywheel’s support team.
- Phone – For support, abuse, management, sales and billing
- Live chat – Visit their official website and chat with their support team by clicking on the top right part of the page.
- Email-based ticket system – Quotes, new orders, order follow-ups, billing issues, quality assurance, technical problems and general help
- Fax and toll free
You can check out all of Flywheel’s customer support options here: https://getflywheel.com/help/
If your site has gained traction and needs to move to the next level of hosting, Flywheel makes is easy to upgrade. Upgrading is as simple as clicking a few buttons, or giving the team a call and telling them you want to go to the next level.
The best thing about Flywheel is that you can put off upgrading for a while if your site all of a sudden gets unexpected traction. Unlike WPEngine, Flywheel doesn’t charge overages when you see sudden traffic spikes. These overages add up quick, and speaking from experience, you can get nickel and dimed to death if you aren’t careful.
Flywheel, however, doesn’t charge for these types of traffic spikes. If you consistently go over, a representative will likely call you and discuss upgrading, but your site will never be shut off or charged extra for sudden increases. This alone is a huge selling point when looking at managed WordPress hosting options.
Overall, Flywheel is an intuitive and reliable hosting company that offers lightning fast web hosting. While it’s a little on the pricey side, its robust features and comprehensive plans far outweigh the cost. You can also take advantage of Flywheel coupon codes to get your desired plan for a much lower price.[no_toc]