12 Dec Seven Simple Steps To Create An Effective Channel Partner Training Program
Your product’s market representation is provided through your channel partners. Their opinions affect your customers and the perception of your brand.
So, you must guarantee that your channel partners fully know your product/service. And for this, you need to train your partners. You can instruct your partners by adopting the traditional method or using an LMS for partner training to achieve that goal.
How you begin your channel partner training journey is the next question. What training techniques do you need to employ?
Do not fret! Given that we have you covered. Let’s examine this 7-step strategy to create a channel partner training program.
1. Have A Well-Defined Set Of Goals
The first step is as simple as it can get! It is nothing but planning a training program and determining the goals you want your partner to achieve from your training. You must choose the purpose of your training program if you wish for long-term results in terms of sales and income.
It can involve informing them about the recently released product, giving them sales training, and bringing up the customer avatar to help with channel management. Setting a target for your channel partner training is essential for long-term success in channel sales.
2. Determine Which Partners Require Training.
The next step is determining which of your partners require training and in what area. It is crucial to remember that partners and departments require training based on their expertise, responsibility, and experience. Moreover, their training needs might also vary depending on the sales strategy they adopt.
It becomes simple to administer the training and experience the benefits once you have determined your partner’s needs. To find out what your partner needs, you can regularly survey them.
3. Segment Your Partners’ Needs
Now that the training needs of your partners are sorted out, it is time to segment them based on their needs. It is suggested that you create departments according to the specific training demands of your channel partner.
You can divide your channel partner into groups based on the size of their business and the industry they serve. Or maybe according to the sales strategy they adopt. Afterward, you can design a training program based on the critical topics they need to learn.
If one of your channel partners, for instance, has a big crew, you will need to use CRM or sales enablement software like Allego to control and trace every action and provide in-person support. This procedure ensures that your sales representatives give their best and get the required help.
So, you can get great results quickly by segmenting your partners’ demands. And all of this will benefit you as having a capable partner can be a powerful tool to assist you in reaching your objectives.
4. Familiarize Your Partner With Your KPIs
The next step is making your partner align their KPIs with yours. Regular training lets your partner stay current with your KPIs and keeps them from deviating from them. For illustration, if your KPI is to increase client retention, that should also be among their KPI. It should be clear to your partners that you want to boost your client retention rate by x% by the end of the current fiscal year.
So they are aware of the sales target they must meet following the channel programs. Therefore, you must coordinate your KPIs with partners for channel partner training during the program.
5. Select The Training Method
There are two different ways to implement channel partner training. And they are-
- Traditional Method- The traditional method is conducting offline training with live instructors’ help. There are some advantages to using traditional methods that are irreplaceable. Conventional training programs’ in-person meetings are an excellent opportunity for interpersonal contact. Fieldworkers can benefit significantly from this approach as they must develop and acquire skills through practical training. But then there are the astronomical expenditures involved with organizing and housing such training programs.
- Online Method- The online approach, commonly referred to as the eLearning approach, has become the new norm. It is a fantastic technique to train channel partners in sales. Since it is more practical and affordable, it is the best technique for corporate training. Employees who participate in online training can access the material from any location at any time. Hosting live training sessions will assist you in getting excellent results. However, to implement the online method, all your partners need to have proper infrastructure.
You must decide which approach you wish to use or use blended methods for various partners.
By comparing the two training approaches, you can determine which channel partner training method is optimal for each channel partner team. Each technique has its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
6. Make Your Channel Partner Training Procedure Clear, Effortless, And Updated
The next step is not to pressure your partner into the training program; you can do this by segmenting the training into stages.
Your channel partners will find it easier to take in your training if you stage it strategically. They can assess their development and finish the instruction without being overloaded with information. In addition, it’s critical that the training is maintained and improved.
Every stage of a company’s dynamic nature has its requirements and objectives. You must train your channel partners before implementing the same. You can subtly keep new and old channel partners informed by staging and upgrading your training programs.
7. Take Feedback From Channel Partners
Never forget that training is a continuous process. There’s always a room for improvement. It is preferable to take notes from the channel partners rather than trying to uncover the improvements on your own.
You can host a discussion and ask questions concerning the shortage of training programs. You might inquire as to –
- Whether the course materials are clear and concise?
- Is a particular session necessary, or have the doubts been entirely dispelled?
- Do your channel partners know about your products?
You’ll get more truthful responses if you ask these questions. As a result, receiving feedback on time enhances the effectiveness of your channel partner training program.
You may expand your consumer base and break into new markets with the help of a knowledgeable channel partner. You can use the above stages to develop a channel partner training strategy. Additionally, you can choose the channel sales training strategy that works best for your company.