14 Oct 78+ Beautiful Calligraphy Fonts for Designers (Free)
This post was inspired by a comment from an 85ideas readers, who ask what font we used for our Mag theme. I have since searched the web to find some amazing free fonts you can use to create a professional and fun logo for your business. Another motivation for this collection is for my personal reference for my future projects to help my find suitable fonts. Our easy of use I have tried to categorize my find that you can easily navigate to via the table of content.
The authors terms and conditions for use of these fonts could change at any point, so please double-check before downloading. Also, let us know how you got on in the comments below.
- Morden sleek, elegant and minimalist is the phrase that comes to mind when I think about modern fonts. They are still my favorite, and it’s what I use to create most my logos and use for my article feature image. I have tried to keep this section interesting and fun.
Ailerons Typeface is designed by Adilson Gonzales, the font is available for free for personal use. The font is stylish and bold, inspired by the aircraft models from the 40s.
Get 20% off on the Best WordPress Themes!
Pier Sans is designed by Mathieu Desjardins, Pier Sans is a sans serif font with four styles, it is modern and structured typography. The font is ideal for any design and text needs, be it a website or a logo.
Atipo designs Geomanist font; this free font has a clean and artful design with a mixture of geometric shapes and a humanistic beat.
Armonioso script is designed by Francesco Canovaro, it is modern and stylish with a curvy script. The font has a vertical calligraphic design with a harmonious type, the font is free for personal use.
- These fonts are great for when you want to change your websites font to something more unique. With web fonts, you can easily change your text logo which is great for SEO because bots are not yet able to read images. You typically apply these fonts to your site by CSS media queries.
Evgeny Tkhorzhevsky designs Braxton; it is a beautiful brush flavored script font that has well finished calligraphic designs. The font is perfect for any kind of use such as websites, logos, banners, print, motion graphics and more.
- Personally I really like these types of font but rarely get the opportunity where I feel appropriate to use. I typically see these sorts of fonts being used on more creative websites like a design blog.
- These types of fonts are mainly used for signatures logo/ slogans, well in my case this is what I use them for. I would be very interested to hear your use for these types of fonts, please enlighten me in the comments below.
Sunn is a free handwriting font designed by the Rit Creative team, it is a beautiful font with a clumsy yet strong approach. The font is ideal for logos, headlines or short descriptions.
Runaway font is designed by lulian Maftei, it is an elegant hand drawn font that consists of lower case letters as well as an edited version in the uppercase letters. The font is ideal for logos, web design and print.
Nella Sue Font is designed by Jenna Sue, the font has a soft, handwritten approach that is perfect for any kind of use. This is a free version, available for personal use, the premium version has more than 400 glyphs with accented characters and ligatures.
Adil Budianto designs Mountiane Typeface, it is a powerful and bold font, ideal for logos, typography and more.
Featherly font is designed by Joanne Marie, it is an elegant, hand drawn, a modern calligraphic font with beautiful swashes. It is perfect for invitations, greeting cards, handwriting and more.
Fabfelt script is designed by Despinoy Fabien, it is a beautiful hand drawn font and is free to use. The font has a retro appeal to it, perfect for a vintage theme banner or a logo.
Serendipity script is a beautiful and best-selling font, now available for free for personal as well as commercial use. It has 90 different hand-drawn characters in various different languages and dialects.
Wisdom Script is designed by James T. Edmondson, it is a beautiful font with a lot of ligatures. The font comes with a lot of licensing options to choose from based on your need.
Aphrodite Slim Pro is designed by Sabrina Lopez and Maximiliano Sproviero, it is a lighter version of its sister Aphrodite Pro but it has more detailed characters. It contains more than 1000 glyphs, the font is quite stylish with many curves.
- Wanting a vintage feel to your brand then these fonts might be just what you were looking for. Honestly, I have yet to use them as I have yet to be involved in a project that requires them.
Sensei is designed by Ezeqviel Ergo, the unique and beautiful font is inspired by manga style and is available for free.
Krinkes is designed by Mans Greback, it is a beautiful font with two versions, a regular version and a décor version that comes with large decorative capital letters. Both versions come with numbers and swashes, the font is perfect for logos and headlines.
- As the name suggest this compilation is base on the type of text you would see in the 1800s when typewriter was first introduced. They give a really good vintage feeling which you could use on your next design project.
- We typically see these fonts use on posters and for labeling of commercial building or in the military. The great thing for me is there are a lot of these types of font as floating around the web which you could use to give your work that handcrafted feel.
Kanji font is designed by Pedro Azedo, it is entirely different from most calligraphic fonts, this font is inspired by the logographic Chinese characters. The font can be used for logos, headlines, print and banners.
The slot is designed by Adrien Coquet & Hugo Dath, it is unique and elegant with rounded and semicircle pattern. The font is free for personal as well as commercial use.
Maxwell is designed by Ryan Pyae, it is a beautiful font with round corners and has a retro feel. The font is quite versatile and can be used for any type of graphic design.
The typographer’s toolbox is designed by Nicky Laatz, this is a premium font pack of 16 hand-lettered and brushed fonts that are ideal for topographic projects. The pack also includes 80 doodle illustrations that can come handy for your projects.
- Back in the early days of this site we had a grunge logo which you can probably see via web archive. These types of fonts were popular back then in 2009 and we are certainly seeing it coming back in 2015.
I hope you like this handpicked collection of the most beautiful calligraphy fonts and will use in your projects. Let us know the fonts that you liked most from the collection and have used in your projects.
We welcome your suggestions and feedback about our articles, let us know in the comment section below. If you like our effort, share it with your family and friends and help spread the word!
As with everything here at 85ideas, we continuously update your content and new find. If you found some value in this collection then please consider sharing it as it helps us get the message out.